Electrical / Network Installation Engineer - NICEIC approval needed
A highly successful and rapidly growing IT & Technology company are seeking an experienced and qualified Engineer to assist with electrical installations and projects. To apply you must be currently registered with NICEIC to undertake both domestic and commercial work.
You also need to be ale to work at height and ideally have certification for this. The principle purpose of the role is to run power to network masts and isolate the supply through a RCD. All the work needs certifying.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
Your role is to install, build and maintain a quality WAN infrastructure either directly for customers or the company, whilst ensuring the health and safety of self and others. You will also be expected to provide power to new and existing masts ensuring RCD protection.
Role expectations are that all jobs are completed professionally, efficiently and economically. As a customer facing representative you are expected to present a smart and professional image and deliver an exemplary customer experience as an integral part of the role. The secondary objective is to provide support to the directors and/or office, when needed.
- To ensure all work undertaken follows Health and Safety legislation and guidelines.
- To follow a risk assessment and ensure work undertaken is executed in-line with a relevant scheme of work. To provide an exemplary level of customer service.
- To be professional and work safely at all times and ensure the well-being of your colleague(s).
- To ensure all necessary documentation is updated, signed, completed and returned to the relevant person(s).
- To be at your place of work on time and plan your day’s work in advance to maximise time efficiencies so as not to cause delay to work schedules.
- To look after and be responsible for all company property in your possession and to report any loss or damage immediately.
- If responsible for a vehicle -ensure the vehicle is kept clean, tidy and checked for serviceability on a weekly basis.
- To report any road traffic accidents or convictions you receive to the director - immediately on enforcement.
- To provide leaflet drop cover in new or existing network areas following installation to encourage new business.
- To ensure customers, clients and the office are kept informed about changes or delays for installs.
- To carry out a daily stock control and submit report to the office.
When assigned to office support:-
- Answer any incoming calls in a timely manner and return calls from any customer voice mail messages.
- Log information of calls received, where required, and update or maintain customer records accurately.
- Be efficient, professional and courteous at all times.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
- Seek Line Manager approval on expenditure or support if unsure of actions to complete the work issued
- Support the office function in whatever capacity is required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:-
- Current NICEIC approval - essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent understanding of WAN, WIFI and router configurations.
- Ability to problem solve through situational, on-the-job and work assessments
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- IT, Numeracy and Literacy Skills
- Hold a UK Driving License
- Working at Heights certification
- First Aid certification
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions
- Must be able to work at heights using ladders and other platform aids.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 40kg over short distances and use specialist equipment, if available.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Competitive salary of £24-30,000, depending on experience
- 28 days annual holiday allowance including bank holidays
- Use of company vehicle
- Opportunities for personal development within this fast growing company.
- Supportive team and excellent work environment
This opportunity is available immediately - please click apply today to submit your CV to Rachel Locke at Strand Recruitment.