Business / Integration Project Manager
Project Manager (Must have Business integration/merger experience)
Location: Outskirts of SwindonMain Job Purpose
- To Manage and coordination "the project deliverables"; definition, planning, documentation, SharePoint control, communications, delivery of task and performance monitoring. Act as an interface across multiple business functions to provide cohesion of the wider business plan and stakeholder management alike.
- Ensuring functional leaders have well documented requirements and project plans and that these are expertly managed, mitigating risk and maximising outcomes/performance
- Working with key stakeholders to create and sign-off functional work streams, supported by documented definitions and strategies (what is the project, when is it, how and who it impacts, and the planned approach) in support of planning activities.
- Project Preparation: defining and developing documented plans and ensuring business readiness.
- Work with key stakeholders to:
Document and sign-off project approach/strategy
Develop and sign-off detailed plans (what, when, who, what needed) with a central focus on customer, colleague, cost-effectiveness and de-conflicting with other change activities
Form Project Team weekly sessions and secure resource commitments within a matrix management centre
Complete preparation actions to ensure readiness for project event
Define, sign-off and develop mechanisms (metrics, meetings, reporting) to measure performance and success criteria for use during the project
Report progress during this stage to key Stakeholders
Define and sign-off project lead indicators/success criteria for monitoring, and ensure MI is in place.
- Project Management: manage the execution of plans and manage performance
- Activities to include:
Initiate, lead and manage functional projects and task delivery; ensure all elements are executed as designed and perform to the specified success criteria and timelines.
Initiate, lead and manage governance routines (meetings).
Critically review and monitor performance versus lead indicators/success criteria and drive actions to mitigate underperformance and maximise opportunities to outperform and implement (at short notice) interventions to course correct
Create a dynamic and engaging environment so that learning opportunities are identified during the projects to further strengthen future activities.
Report progress during this stage to key stakeholders
- Project Learning: lessons learnt and application
Lead and manage project wrap-up and close down activities
Conduct lessons learnt activities to ensure lessons are learnt and plans updated in advance of future projects
Report progress during this stage to key StakeholdersSkills / Attributes Required
- Project management certified / accredited
- Experience of business integration/merger essential
- Experience of project related activities verses BAU
- Knowledge of system. Intermediate level Excel/Office/email etc
- High level of competence in written and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative or work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Maintain a professional and polite disposition at all times
You may be required to undertake other general duties / reasonable requests, as required by business needs, details of which will be provided to you at the time the duties / requests are required.