PHP Developers - All Levels
Join one of the fastest growing agencies in Northamptonshire, working with some of the most talented agencies across the UK, delivering amazing projects for clients such as Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, JLR, Santander, Volvo, and many more. Based in Kettering with close links to the A14.
Upto £35k + bonus + benefits
You will also be responsible for integrating frontend elements built by your co-workers into multiple applications. SASS and Bootstrap frameworks, predominately integrated with WordPress or custom applications.
Developing Vanilla OOPHP, PHP5/PHP7, Laravel 5, and MySQL applications in a professional Agile/Scrum environment, delivering efficient and robust PHP suitable for testing.
Integrating with multiple API’s and other web services, mainly Google Maps, SagePay, PayPal, Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp and other interesting technologies and APIs.
Linux and Windows Administration
Configuring websites on our Linux and Windows development and staging servers. Regular maintaining and refining server and development environments, troubleshooting server related matters.
Experience using version control systems such as Git and BitBucket repository manager. Regularly committing updates and troubleshooting conflicts.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks, such as Laravel, Slim or Symfony.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Strong understanding of WordPress, creating bespoke themes and writing custom plug-ins
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Strong MySQL administration, with the ability to write complex queries
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- The ability to prioritise and manage several different tasks at once
- The ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Good motivational skills
- Good common sense and logical thinking
- The ability to relate to a wide range of people
- The ability to thrive in pressured or stressful situations
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to identify and execute effective solutions
- A committed and flexible attitude to the job
- Flexible working hours may be required