Harveys, the UK’s biggest specialist furniture retailer has an exciting opportunity for a sales focused Assistant Manager for our Southampton store. Using your exceptional leadership skills and personal drive you can earn up to £24,000 including OTEplus the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within our thriving and growing business.
Since opening our first store in 1966 we have grown to a portfolio of over 150 stores nationwide. We are now part of the Steinhoff group which is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and retailers of household goods and furniture that employs 90,000 people across the globe and provides us with the backing and infrastructure of a huge global furniture retailer.
As Assistant Manager you will use your natural ability to lead the team and manage team performance to achieve targets whilst continually delivering high levels of customer focus and service.
Your key responsibilities as Assistant Manager for Harveys include:
- Lead and motivate the store team to deliver sales and profit targets
- Creating a strong customer service focus to ensure that your customers ate central to all activities and decisions
- Meet KPI’s including sales performance, margin, discounts, ATV, cancellations and delivered sales and stock shrinkage
- Monitor and develop personal performance and deal with underperformance through coaching inline with company procedures
- Support with merchandising, store standards and POS
- Identify business opportunities within your local market and feedback to the Regional Sales Manager
You will be an Assistant Manager who is passionate about people and delivering excellent service. You will have successfully lead a team and have the natural talent to give constructive feedback with the aim of improving performance. Your communication skills will be strong and have the ability build rapport quickly. You will remain positive, be self motivated and career focused and looking for career with a national retailer. Ideally you will have experience as a Sales Manager, Department Manager, Team Leader, Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager or Supervisor.
What can we offer you?
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success and therefore as our Assistant Manager you will be rewarded with a basic salary and earn sales commission and monthly store bonus with on target earnings of £24,000. We also offer a generous staff discount scheme, childcare vouchers and up to 31 days holiday.
With specialised product and management training from our Learning and Development team, we are confident that not only will you become a furniture expert but also one of our future leaders in no time.
If you want to join the UK’s biggest specialist furniture retailer and become our next Assistant Manager then click apply today and don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity.