Linux Systems Administrator
Affecto Recruitment are proud to partner with The Floow, a world-renowned telematics company based in Sheffield. Following a period of rapid growth and success they are looking to double its technical workforce over the coming months and as such Affecto are keen to speak to Linux Systems Administrators who share The Floow's enthusiasm for technology.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At The Floow, we see something special where others see mobile phones. We see tools with the power to tell us so much more about ourselves than we could ever hope to know otherwise. Tools equipped with a wide array of rich sensors such as Accelerometers, GPS and Gyroscopes. And we value the talents of those whose calling it is to unlock their deepest mysteries.
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS TEAM
At The Floow, the Operations Team is crucial to everything we do. The Floow's Telematics products collect data from a variety of devices, present it back to the consumer and using a number of media, and provide a rich array of bespoke analytic services to our clients. This is all supported by Ops Team which ensures continued access to our technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
As a Sys Admin with The Floow you will be responsible for the on-going development and improvement of the existing platform services which currently support hundreds of thousands of users and devices, as well as the design and creation of services to provide new and exciting features to our clients and end-users.
- You're comfortable with *nix operating systems
- You're a good trouble-shooter and investigator that can identify and resolve problems on your own but also know how to use help of other team members
- You're not afraid of new technology that might be completely of out of your comfort zone
- You are able to share your knowledge with others to avoid single points of failure scenarios
- Computer Science (or similar) degree (BSc or MSc), or equivalent work experience
- Commercial experience within a System Administrator position
- Source Version Control
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration
- Unix shell scripting
- Familiarity with all major operating systemS
- Scripting in Python
- Amazon AWS (especially EC2, ELB, EBS)
- Familiarity with Apache, Nginx, Samba, DNS
- Virtualisation (Xen/KVM)
- Knowledge of database administration SQL/NoSQL
- Nagios/Shinken monitoring systems
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira)
- Familiarity with ELK stack
- Networks - VLANs, VPN, BGP, WANs
- Software Orchestration ( Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- You'll have an opportunity to take a key role in a fast-growing operations team, shaping the final form of a rapidly evolving technology gaining relevance at an accelerated pace
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you bring to evolve an existing software infrastructure and take it to the next level
- You'll be able to work closely with key players in the growing field of UBI (Usage Based Insurance), as well as other clients in the automotive and other industries
- The position advertised is a permanent role, with remuneration based upon experience
- We offer both Bonus and Pension schemes for all employees as well as 21 days' holiday
- You'll be working in our Sheffield City Centre location which has good public transport links and car parking.
- You'll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Please note that all direct and third party applications will be directed to Affecto Recruitment for review.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
Affecto Recruitment work in all roles within IT including Software Developers, Android and iOS Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, Test Analysts, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Data Analysts, MI Analysts, BI Analysts and Embedded Software Engineers with a vast range of clients UK wide but predominantly South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire