Payroll Supervisor - Accountancy Practice
- Outstanding opportunity with a well established ambitious accountancy practice based in Central London
- Exciting career progression opportunities for a Payroll Supervisor
- Must have STAR Payroll experience!!!!!
My client is a well established chartered accountancy firm based in the Central London area who are looking to strengthen their team with a Payroll Supervisor. The Firm comprises 15 partners who have the breadth of experience and the acumen to enable the firm to get quickly to the heart of client matters and build a thorough understanding of the issues.
The payroll bureau deals with approximately 350 clients and 5000 payslips per month.
Roles and Responsibilities for a Payroll Supervisor
- Maintain and update all payroll data including starters and leavers, variable payroll data and statutory payments; process and submit all frequencies of payrolls.
- Responsible for maintaining own portfolio of clients liaising as necessary with clients when/how payroll data will be available to ensure payrolls are completed accurately and on time.
- Facilitate payments including bacs and distribution of payroll reports and payslips.
- Submit Real Time information, pension schedules and liaise with clients to arrange payment.
- Deal with employee and clients' queries.
- Liaise with HM Revenue and Customs and pension providers when necessary.
- Production of year end returns and P60's; liaise with other departments for provision of P11D information and reports.
- Assist with the training of Payroll Services staff in all aspects of the Firm's policies, practices and procedures relating to the provision of payroll services including the use of the Firm's payroll software.
- Any other payroll related or general office duties.
The ideal candidate for this Payroll Supervisor position in Central London will have the following;
- Extensive experience (minimum of five years) of working with computerised payroll systems.
- Star is an essential requirement and Access Payroll or Sage Payroll desirable.
- Experience of working in a bureau environment essential
- Good standard of formal education
- Above average literacy and numeracy
- CIPP qualified or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of HM Revenue & Customs current legislation
- Strong MS Outlook, Excel and Word skills are essential
- Flexibility with hours to cover peak periods of work is essential
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Professional attitude - identifies and acts upon client needs and is able to deliver excellent client services
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and ability to multi-task
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate work
- Plans and organises tasks/priorities and effectively meets deadlines
- Demonstrates good self motivation and uses initiative appropriately to resolve problems
- The ability to work as part of a team and to form good relationships with both staff and clients.
- Keen to learn and develop - demonstrates understanding of own profession and keeps abreast of relevant developments.
What's on offer
£32,000 - £35,000 plus benefits