Senior Network Engineer - Portsmouth - Permanent - £40k-£50k
Senior Network Engineer - Portsmouth - Permanent - £40,000-£50,000
A Senior Network Engineer is required to join a multinational Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. As a team member you will be responsible for producing high level networking designs and managing the implementation of the designs into service; working to define and deliver network solutions, taking high level design documents and delivering solutions.
- Supporting proposal development by translating customer requirements into high level design documents.
- Ensuring there is a consistent view of the deliverables from high level design, detailed design and build.
- Able to work collaboratively and build teams to ensure the solution is documented and delivered into service following established governance processes.
- Leading complex higher-risk projects and tasks.
- Have good technical knowledge and experience across multiple platforms and technologies.
- An understanding of Systems Engineering principles and how own area integrates into others.
- Detailed experience in IP skills in networks design, implantation, and configuration and testing.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementation routing protocols (BGP,OSPF), compression and acceleration techniques.
- Experience deploying small-scale, resilient LANs
- Commercial routers/switches