Knowledge Engineer NoSQL / Big Data
Reqiva are working with a young and exciting Oxfordshire-based technology company who require a Knowledge Engineer with NoSQL and REST API experience to join their rapidly growing and international team. You will be working in a highly innovative environment as the company builds out a global web-based platform which promises to be ground-breaking in its industry.
Working within the Intelligence Division you will be working with very large quantities of near-real-time data from a wide range of sources. You will be responsible for providing REST API interfaces for the team members engaged in storing, organising, and using the data.
The ideal Knowledge Engineer will collaborate closely with colleagues who will be primarily responsible for knowledge engineering and semantics; information architecture; modelling and analytics; IT systems; and software development.
This position will report to the Head of Semantics and Capabilities. The ideal Knowledge Engineer will enjoy learning new skills with new technologies and working at the cutting edge. They are likely to have had research and development experience in private companies or academic institutions.
They will have lead responsibility for the design and development of an enterprise-level database platform (ideally MarkLogic) storing, processing and publishing data from many diverse sources. Documents in the system will be semantically enhanced, and the Knowledge Engineer will interact closely with the Semantics team with respect to the storage and use of ontologies.
Working autonomously and as part of a team you will be responsible for the development and optimisation of stable, secure and scalable solutions. You will research the best technologies and methods to use and collaborate closely with internal team members and external partners and advisors.
This is an exceptional opportunity to design and develop a unique software platform to collect, organise, exchange, and publish complex data from diverse sources including physical devices. The company will provide opportunities for national and international travel, and for participation in relevant conferences and meetings.
• Development or Scripting experience (ideally Python but other languages acceptable)
• Building and delivering robust REST APIs • Knowledge of NoSQL database technologies (ideally MarkLogic but acceptable to have experience of MongoDB | CouchDB ¦ Redis)
• Database querying (ideally including SPARQL) • Experience working with large and complex data sets
• Good academic track record, with a degree in a numerate, scientific or engineering discipline
• Experience of semantic technologies (including RDF triples, SPARQL, SKOS, OWL)
• Experience of the use of open data and linked data on the Semantic Web
• Exposure to the agricultural, financial or natural resource sectors
• Experience with both geospatial (including Earth Observation) and aspatial data
• Experience with distributed and robust networked systems (e.g. IoT)
Salary: £50,000 - £75,000 depending on skills and experience
Contact: Nick Goodwin - Senior Consultant - Reqiva Ltd