Senior IT Service Desk Technician
Clark James is pleased to be working a leading provider of bespoke engineering and technology solutions to major infrastructure companies across the world, to countries including the UK, USA, Australia and Canada. Our client provide asset mapping, modeling and engineering solutions using a range of data capturing methods including LiDAR, photography and other remotely sensed data.
About the role:
Our client are offering a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, independent individual to lead their service desk. This is an incredible opportunity to join a growing business. The chosen candidate will be expected to grow the Service Desk team, with the aim to build the foundations and structure needed for a successful Service Desk.
As the Senior IT Service Desk Technician you will take a leading role in a critical part of the IT Services Desk Team providing both local and remote support to users based in Knaresborough and other office locations. Hardware you will be supporting and building includes some of the latest custom built desktops available running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise including machines with the latest intel i7 processors, 32GB of DDR4 RAM and 2TB of internal SSD based storage.
As a Senior IT Service Desk Technician you will be responsible for the following:
- Proven track record of performing remote troubleshooting and software installation through PowerShell.
- Experience in performing 1st and 2nd line support of cloud based IP phone systems.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and services such as: DNS, DHCP, VLANs and layer 3 routing
- An understanding of HTML CSS, PHP or other web based language.
- Understanding of basic LINUX/UNIX commands and their uses.
- You must be a strong and confident communicator with excellent problem solving skills who can manage work done by others whilst maintaining the ability to work under your own initiative. An aptitude to learn and progress is essential for this role which, for the right person, will grow and develop
- Monitoring and assessing severity of Service Desk Incidents and escalating Incidents to IT Services Manager when required
- Ensuring the completion of all Service Requests in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with IT Services Manager, IT Services Senior Infrastructure Engineer and vendors to co-ordinate 3rd line support for all IT services.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support for software, hardware and network issues (escalating 3rd line support for software issues to Technical Support Team or vendors, and 3rd line hardware, network and security issues to the IT Services Senior Infrastructure Engineer).
- Assisting in the enforcement of IT Services Security Policy.
- Contributing to a team atmosphere where we see staff enjoying growing and developing their skills and with this their chance for progression.
- Bentley Microstation and similar engineering software installation and basic troubleshooting
An ideal candidate for this role would have:
- Excellent communication skills (Written and verbal).
- Proven track record of strong technical capabilities with a focus on providing support to over 150 users.
- Proven track record of efficiently prioritising tasks and communicating work to staff.
- Proven track record of performing 1st and 2nd line support of Windows servers, desktops and laptops.
- Proven track record of performing 1st line support and 2nd line of Group Policy, Active Directory and other domain services.