Drive the architectural design of complex media solutions for Arqiva, global leader in Communications Infrastructure.
Ownership of the end-to-end technical architecture of our Media Management and Playout services projects across the Satellite and Media team is the key to this Solution Architect role. Reporting to our Head of Media Technology, you’ll be tasked with developing an understanding of the business processes that Media Services solutions support, to translate them into architecture solutions and provide effective integration of technical design solutions specifically concerning IP video services, OTT and new media for top-tier Arqiva customers, whilst considering the wider customer strategy, and how today’s requirements build towards future service needs. Other key accountabilities include:
• Supporting customers’ product streams in the maintenance and construction of their systems roadmaps
• Evaluate alternative architectural solutions, making recommendations based on budget, time and resource availability
• Providing architectural documentation, from topology to detailed technical interfaces (including network to API)
Qualified to Degree level in a technical discipline, you must have significant post-qualification experience in a lead architect role, involving software engineering utilising a wide range of TV and Web Streaming technologies. An internally recognised expert in your field, capable of providing recommendations on strategies and approaches concerning Playout, Media Asset Management and Workflow Automation to executive management teams, you’re comfortable leading on the architectural design of complex operational network solutions for customers. You can also offer:
• Excellent all-round interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven technical understanding of Virtual infrastructure technologies, including security and management
• Ideally, experience of working on technical aspects of Broadcast metadata and systems
At Arqiva, our vision is to be central to every vital connection in a world which depends on a continuous stream of information. Always. At the forefront of communications infrastructure and media services, we’re the people who make connections happen in the digital world. Our values are about being ingenious, straightforward and collaborative, clearly and simply, to enable us to go that extra mile for our customers.
So if we’ve just described you and your career aspirations, to APPLY for this Solutions Architect role, please click on the button below.