Principal DevOps Engineer
Principal DevOps Engineer required to play strategic role involving architecture, setting DevOps standards and methods, coaching and mentoring individuals and teams who has worked on large scale / performant systems in an Agile environments with strong technical background in Linux, DevOps, Automation, AWS or Google Cloud, and ideally knowledge of containers, and technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker is required by technology giant in West London to work in large scale DevOps function.
Key skills required for the Principal DevOps Engineer include
- Extensive DevOps background with Linux Infrastructure
- Design / architecture experience
- Infrastructure automation
- Experience of Technical leadership / DevOps methods / Standards
- AWS or Google Cloud
- Configuration Management tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Ideally skills in Containers, Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience of infrastructure at Scale / performance
- Ideally experience of speaking at conferences and internal DevOps meetups
- Experience of driving technology solutions and improving practices
- Strong skills in managing relationships with multiple teams
- Ability to inspire and continuously improve teams
This is an outstanding chance to play a key role as Principal DevOps Engineer working on massive scale web centric systems and will require someone who has worked in a high traffic or transactional background such as online betting, OTT, video content delivery, ecommerce, retail, web companies, telecoms where performance / reliability and scalability is key to deal with big spikes in demand.
The company will offer an excellent package and the chance to work as one of only three Principal DevOps Engineers within a DevOps team of circa 80 people for a world leading company on international platforms.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.