Senior Big Data Engineer Python Cloudera
Senior Big Data Engineer | London | Retail/eCommerce
Python | Cloudera - Spark, Impala, Kafka
£50,000 to £80,000 plus bonus & a strong benefits package
The UK's most advanced technology company in the retail/eCommerce sector, with one of the country's most mature Big Data & Data Science teams.
The team have a broad range of use cases for data, including the analysis of hundreds of terabytes of customer data using ML (scikit-learn), real-time clickstream data (Kafka) and real-time dashboards for the business (in Tableau).
Well known for being one of the best companies in the industry to work for, they offer a fun, very flexible working environment and despite having an already complex Big Data Platform, they are still pushing boundaries and looking for new tools & tech.
WHAT'S THE ROLE
As Big Data Engineer, you'll play a senior role in developing one of the most advanced Big Data platforms in the industry (Cloudera), programming in Python and utilising a number of other tools to build data pipelines and the backend of recommender systems, including Spark, Kafka & Impala.
While this is a largely hands-on position, a big part of your role will also be to design new features and introduce new technology where you see fit, as long as it benefits the wider business.
You'll also be working closely with a strong Data Science team, so you'll have the opportunity to get exposure to ML and building recommendation systems, using e.g. scikit-learn.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR
- A Big Data Engineer with production level experience with one or more Big Data platforms, preferably either Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR
- Excellent Python programming skills
- Experience with a variety of Big Data tools, the most useful being Spark, Impala and Kafka
WHY SHOULD I APPLY
- An awesome opportunity to join a household name, who have a great reputation in the industry for tackling Big Data issues bigger and more complex than most other companies
- The chance to innovate and gain exposure to e.g. Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Architecture
- £50,000 to £80,000 plus an excellent benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel that this is the one for you, click the apply link on this page - if not, but you're interested in other Big Data positions, please get in touch with Jethro Willett at Harnham, as the Big Data market has never been busier!
Big Data Engineer, Big Data Developer, Hadoop Engineer, Spark, Kafka, Cloudera, Impala, London