Software Developer - Guildford
Junior Software Developer - Guildford
£25,000 - £30,000
A great role for an applicant with at least 1 year full-time commercial C# development experience, who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
The candidate will have a very real and direct impact on the services we provide for our household name clients and our employees can expect exposure to the whole project life-cycle.
The role will include the development of new mobile and web applications which will be highly visible in the public domain. Examples of our recent work include:
- Global Movie download systems (including mobile apps) for entertainment companies.
- Payment solutions for banking companies.
- Global event payment and security access software solution.
- iOS and Android applications for financial service providers.
- Prototyping for new mobile payment schemes.
- Web services for innovative personal money management services offered by large US/UK banks.
Being a relatively small and dynamic company the candidate will need to be able to pick up things very quickly and take responsibility for their work in terms of content, quality and timely delivery. The candidate will need to have a questioning mindset and be able to look creatively and independently for solutions to problems.
The role is based in Guildford and whilst there may be occasional need for travel, this will not be frequent.
Please note that we occasionally undertake work for gambling companies and sites that may promote the use of alcohol or tobacco. Candidates must be willing to undertake this work.
The candidate will have the opportunity to grow into new areas including client interaction, technical pre-sales, technical architecture and senior development.
Person / Experience Required
The candidate will have a minimum 2:1 degree in a technical discipline and at least 1 year commercial experience in software development. They will need to be well versed in C# .Net, MVC and SQL Server.
Candidates must show experience and be capable of managing a small self-contained project (2-3 weeks) from inception to delivery.
- 20 days’ holiday and 8 days’ public holiday per calendar year. After 3 years of employment, holiday entitlement will increase to 21 days (plus public holidays) per calendar year.
- We facilitate access to a designated stakeholder pension scheme after three months’ continuous service with the company.
- Employees are enrolled into a long-term sickness insurance scheme.