Desktop Support Analyst
The role of the team is to provide a proactive, rapid response service to all Gattaca staff in the use of technology. Having positive relationships with staff is a critical skill required of any Desktop Support Analyst coupled with a strong desire to deliver excellent customer service.
The team offers advice and guidance on the use of technology, identifying areas where improvements can be made and ensuring that infrastructure and system issues are escalated to the Infrastructure and Business Systems teams.
- Provide first line IT support to all staff through the provision of a help desk service.
- Act as an escalation point for the Desktop Support team, providing guidance or additional technical support as appropriate.
- Investigate more complex technical issues with the Desktop Support Team, identifying weaknesses in system administration or configuration, working in conjunction with the wider IT team to resolve them.
- Support the IT Services Manager in the day-to-day operational delivery of the Servicedesk function.
- Participate in the out of hours support rota, delivering on-call services to colleagues in all Matchtech group offices across the world.
- In conjunction with the Desktop Support Team provide support to business users between the hours of 0700 - 1900 (delivered via staggered shifts across the team).
- Ensure all support calls are logged accurately on the IT Helpdesk System.
- Assist all staff in the use of Gattaca's applications
- Carry out PC and hardware support, replacing spare parts where appropriate and dealing with all warranty claims.
- Take an active role in ensuring support procedures are up-to-date and maintained.
- Carry out basic administrative duties on the Gattaca network and telephone system.
- Work closely with the Network and Business Systems teams to ensure that knowledge sharing is effectively maintained to ensure operational cover.
- Provide support and back up for IT training given to users.
- Assist with the installation of new and current systems onto user's PCs.
- Liaise with suppliers on behalf of users to ensure the smooth installation and running of systems.
- Install PC's; carry out office moves and other operational duties.
- Comply with Gattaca's health and safety policy, reporting any matters of concern to your Line Manager.
- Participate in training as appropriate to maintain your professional expertise and understanding of the role and function of the unit.
- Contribute to the setting, monitoring and review of own, team and company key business objectives.
Gattaca is a leading global recruitment specialist in the engineering and technology sectors. Operating in 14 offices, across 4 continents we have over 30 years' experience in the recruitment industry. All our 700 staff members; 500 of whom are recruitment consultants; help make Gattaca what it is, a dedicated provider of specialist recruitment. With over 30 years' experience in the recruitment industry, our vision is to be the leading specialist recruiter in all our markets.