Technology Architect - Telecoms/UC
We are currently recruiting for one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK with a long standing history dating back almost 900 years. My client is a leading provider of healthcare infrastructure design, build and maintenance with a focus of providing innovative efficiency improvements within the trust.
The organisation provides an ethical approach with a focus on making a huge difference within the NHS. They combine exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient experience. The technology arm to the business provides a broad range of IT services to the trust covering desktop, email, clinical/administrative systems, network, mobility, telephony and IT training with an aim of making digital healthcare a reality.
The post holder is required to manage the Trusts Telephony, Unified Communications and Digital Media technology strategy, technical budget forecast and architectural blueprint. It is the responsibility of the post to ensure that the Trusts IT Telephony, Unified Communications and Digital Media is strategically aligned, fit for purpose and evolves in accordance to the market.
- All elements of IT Communications and Media Strategy including capacity planning, on-site, off-site, disaster recovery,
backup, modernisation, implementation and innovation
- Financial assurance of strategic projects so that the estimates and commercial obligations are delivered
- Provide communication and digital media architectures that align to the business requirements and the organisational
- Management of the communication and digital media service architectural review boards and governance processes,
ensuring they are followed for Communication Architecture.
- Assurance that communication and digital media service designs and costs provide end-to-end integrated technology
- Document and Provide an end to end lifecycle for communication and digital media service architecture for the Trust.
- Experience of SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)
- Educated to master's degree level in an IT/Science/engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience as an enterprise architect or other senior other architectural discipline.
- Experience of implementing projects in an OGC governed environment (PRINCE2, MSP).
- Proven ability to initiate creative design solutions that solve business issues.
This is a fantastic, rewarding opportunity to join an innovative technology services provider making a difference within the NHS.
Call Shaun Edwards on for further information