London (Westminster) or Coventry
Salary £48k - £52k
We are a professional body that accredits professionals within the land, property and construction sectors worldwide. It regulates and promotes the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protecting clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics; and providing impartial advice and guidance.
Generalist procurement specialist required to lead and develop management of indirect category spend globally
- Leading sourcing exercises across a variety of Indirect Categories including, but not limited to, Professional Services, IT, Facilities Management, Business Travel, HR, Print & Marketing.
- Identify opportunities to secure bottom line cost savings of £500k
- Engaging with Stakeholders at all levels and influencing across the full project lifecycle, whilst also negotiating with suppliers.
- Development of global sourcing plans and influencing global procurement activity
- Tangible bottom line cost savings of £500k to be removed from budgets globally
- Effective implementation of sourcing strategies and plans globally
- Agree with key stakeholders and suppliers Contract/Relationship Management KPI's
- Monthly reporting on compliance of procurement policy
- Continuous supplier leverage and consolidation
- Improved supplier/contract performance measures
- Current private sector procurement experience is essential
- Vast experience of managing a variety of generalist indirect category spend
- Proven financial management capabilities
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- IT literacy - Excel and other MS packages
- Project /change management
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Strong demonstrable negotiation and persuasion skills
- Must be both comfortable and credible in dealing with individuals of any level
- Successful track record of leading negotiations, achieving tangible bottom line cost savings
- Strong relationship management and engagement skills
- MCIPS Qualified
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.