Mid-Senior PHP Developer
Central Employment are working with an international software agency based in Gateshead. Due to growth they are looking for a talented Mid-Senior PHP Developer to join their development team.
As PHP Developer you will be responsible for developing the full stack - that’s everything including front-end (VueJS), server-side (PHP 7), databases, caching technologies, and everything else in-between. The ideal candidate will have experience launching websites into production and be familiar with the full technology stack.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (ideally PHP 7)
- Experience of MySQL
- Solid understanding of OOP best practices and common design / architecture patterns
- Experience with distributed caching systems (Redis, Memcached)
- Practical understanding of unit testing in PHP
- Understanding of continuous delivery
- Comfortable with Linux
- Vagrant or Docker
- Solid understanding of modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Zend)
- Experience with version control systems, specifically GIT
- Object oriented design principles
- HTML/CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Experience working with message queues
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and have a keen interest in discovering and proposing new technologies and frameworks.