Location: East Dulwich, South East London
Salary: £15,641.60 - £18,553.60 per annum inc. London weighting
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Nursery Practitioner seeking a new role in London? Do you want to work for a social enterprise that has an exceptional reputation in the sector? Is the professional development of children important to you? Then read on!
Due to increase in occupancy, we are recruiting across all our Nurseries! Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Barking and Dagenham, Southwark, Westminster, House of Commons, Lewisham, Greenwich, Lambeth, Camden, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham!
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London`s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years` experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care. You can watch a video of a typical day at a LEYF nursery by visiting our website!
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- You must have a full and relevant child care qualification at level 2 or level 3 or above.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the EYFS; including all 7 areas
- You must be able to provide examples and evidence of your experience in working as a key worker to a group of children aged between 0-5 years old.
- You must understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- You will be required to update children`s` learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans.
- We are looking for a candidate who is a team worker, uses their initiative and is passionate about child care and development.
The LEYF team will support you to work per our LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector, you will be part of a group of 38 Nurseries with exceptional reputations across London who support each other. We have central office functions; HR, Recruitment, Finance, IT, Marketing, Customer Services - all who are there to help you run and develop your nursery to meet high quality standards.
As a permanent member of the LEYF family you will be entitled to 50% off child care, 7% employer contribution pension, 23 days` annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas! We also offer additional discounts on memberships and EE contracts.
This opportunity could be of interest to someone with the following experience as/in:
- Preschool Childcare
- Nursery Practitioner
- Nursery Staff
- Nursery Assistant
- Nursery Manager
- Nursery Supervisor
- Early Years
- Childcare Qualified
Interested? Apply now by clicking on "APPLY" and forwarding us an up to date copy of your CV for our consideration in the first instance!