C# Web Developer
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with a leading luxury consumer brand based in Oxfordshire who are looking for an experienced C# Web Developer to join the successful international ecommerce team.
As the C# Web Developer you will:
- Actively engage in discussions and put forward ideas for improving back-end systems, adding new functionality to the customer facing websites and constantly be looking for ways to improve the online offering according to the needs of the business.
- Provide technical feedback and advice on project specifications and designs.
- Produce tidy, standards compliant and well documented code in line with the agreed best practices.
- Work with the other members of the web development team to ensure code and design consistency.
- Deliver projects based on the agreed scope / specification and within an agreed timescale.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Ensure new developments are tested and meet agreed requirements.
- Ensure developments are deployed efficiently with minimal impact to the business.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven, strong C# .NET 4.0+ skills.
- Able to think through a solution from the web user’s point of view rather than simply a technical viewpoint.
- Customer-focussed at all times with a good understanding of conversion on the web.
- Good understanding and experience of web server performance, uptime requirements, scalability, caching etc.
- Demonstrable portfolio of previous, public-facing websites worked on.
Must have experience using the following:
- ASP.NET (4.0+ C#)
- LINQ / Lambda syntax
- MVC (Razor)
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server database design and implementation
- CSS / LESS & HTML5
- Web Services (REST, JSON, ASP.NET Web API)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- Build process & deployment management (Continuous Integration, Team City, MSBuild, Task Runners such as Grunt or Gulp, etc.)
- IIS configuration
This is a great opportunity to join a market leader who are rapidly expanding not only in the UK but also US market too.