Assistant Store Manager / Duty Manager - Gillingham
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER / DUTY MANAGER - GILLINGHAM
Our client is an established and well-respected retailer to the Hair & Beauty trade. They have an immediate job vacancy for a Duty Manager / Assistant Store Manager to work in their Gillingham Store and are seeking experienced candidates in a similar role or looking for a step up from Supervisor etc
Duty Managers deputise in Store Managers absences and are responsible for supporting with management of the store and maximising sales opportunities using previous experiences, skills and initiative providing the highest level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Leading, motivating, guiding and encouraging individuals and teams to achieve sales/profit targets by:
- Assisting in the recruitment for Sales Assistants
- Inducting and training new staff
- Dealing with incidents of unsatisfactory performance.
- Communicating sales goals and targets to staff.
- Managing the deployment of staff in the store
- Managing customer feedback
- Managing visual merchandising
- Stock reviews
- Motivating the team
- Answer telephone customer queries/complaints
- Identifying and generating new business by creating sales opportunities with existing and new clients
- Maintaining up to date knowledge about the market, customers, competitors and products
- Initiating local promotional activity.
- Promoting and selling customer training courses and special events
- Attending company management meetings.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected company that has excellent work life balance.
Applicants will have proven Retail experience at a similar lever and ideally will have a good knowledge of Hair & Beauty products.
Car owner/Driver required
Basic salary plus generous bonus scheme
Due to the high volume of applications if you have not received a response within 5 working days, we regret you have been unsuccessful