Software Project Manager
"A fantastic opportunity to work for an established software house who can offer future career development and progression"
Software Implementation Project Manager
Salary up to £35k DOE
Bristol Based with extensive UK Travel
Working as part of the busy projects team you will be responsible for managing implementation projects and using your extensive knowledge of the software to deliver hands on consultancy, training and services. Project work will take place both from our Bristol based office and on client sites across the UK and possibly abroad.
You will be the main point of contact for client project managers and end users, taking on the project from the point of sale and ensuring a professional and competent delivery of all aspects of the project, passing the client into Support and Account Management.
Main Responsibilities are:
- Undertaking client project work including consultancy, training and skills transfer 3-4 days per week in line with team targets, staying overnight and occasionally travelling abroad.
- Project managing and coordinating all aspects of new implementations and upgrade projects, working closely with Field Installation Engineers to ensure a successful overall project
- Adapting the standard project plan to the requirements of the client, taking into account their business case for change and ensuring the change is well managed and fully implemented
- Managing the scope of projects and the expectations of clients, together with project budgets
- Providing immediate on-site support to clients and ad hoc support in office
- Providing business consultancy to assist clients map their data and processes
- Maintaining and reviewing client incident and issues logs
- Liaising with other teams in the business and engaging them if necessary to ensure a smooth project implementation.
- Customisation of workflows and reports in line with client requirements
Skills Required for the Role:
- Previous software implementation project management experience.
- Ability to communicate to a concept or process to individuals as well as large groups
- Business analysis and commercial acumen
- Keen eye for detail and excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent documentation skills