Senior QS - Top Residential Developer - East London
Our client are a leading and award winning residential developer requiring no introduction. They have a great opportunity for a Project / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis, based in their East London Region, working on the delivery of a high profile scheme in East London.
On this particular project, you will be based on site three days a week and be part of a team of seven, responsible for three blocks/phases, with individual build costs amounting to £10m, £6m and £7m respectively. The scheme is a tricky and technically challenging concrete frame build and as Senior Quantity Surveyor, the successful candidate will work on the project from inception through to final delivery and will report directly into a Senior Commercial Director.
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Management of all financial matters.
- Cost valuations with sub-contractors.
- Negotiation with sub-contractors.
- Procurement of all supply items & subcontractor packages
- Preparation of interim valuations.
- Chairing site & client progress meetings.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating projected final accounts.
- Mentoring & leading more junior commercial staff
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
- Pricing of all contract variations.
- Minimum 10 years' experience as Quantity Surveyor
- A proven ability to financially manage projects in excess of £25m, with a track record working on new build residential developments, preferably RC frame builds
- Degree qualified is advantageous, not essential
- Professionally qualified (RICS / CIOB) not essential but preferable
This is a cracking opportunity to work on profile projects for a highly successful developer. Our client offers excellent technical and professional opportunities, the salaries and packages on offer are first rate. If interested in this position e-mail your CV for the attention of James Darby.