2nd line engineer - MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, OR CCNP
ICT Technician/ IT Service Engineer/ 2nd line engineer
We're looking to recruit several customer facing 2nd line Service Engineers to provide support and maintenance of IT systems (Servers, Desktops, Laptops, iPads, Monitors, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Printers, etc.) at schools and academies.
This is a varied, challenging and hugely rewarding role. Whilst this is a technical position, the role requires the building of strong relationships with the customer and will thus suit someone that is not only passionate about ICT, but is a great communicator, has a proactive attitude, loves solving problems and ultimately gets a real buzz out of going the extra mile to delight customers and users.
- Respond to, diagnose and resolve ICT incidents in order to maintain / exceed contracted service levels.
- Regularly communicate with the users and wider Managed Service team to keep them updated and informed.
- Ensure spares are maintained to guarantee service availability.
- Assist in with implementing changes to the ICT provision in line with requests made by the customer through the Change Process.
- Understand the ICT solution delivered to the school and identify areas of improvement.
- Maintain accurate incident records.
Technical Skill-set and qualifications:
- At least 3 years of previous experience in similar positions.
- Working Knowledge of ITIL 2.0 / 3.0 Standards
- Server and Network Storage Administration (Microsoft Server 2012)
- Microsoft Office 365 and / or Google Apps
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013
- Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013
- A high level of PC and hardware maintenance and repair skills (e.g. Server break-fix)
- Backup, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- IT Security including URL Filtering, Antivirus and Network Attacks
- Working Knowledge of Hyper-V 2008 / 2012 and VMWare ESX
- Working Knowledge of CISCO products: Switches, Routers, WLAN and Firewalls
- A full clean driving licence is essential
- Proven knowledge through acquired certifications by Microsoft or Cisco System (e.g., current MCP, MCSE; CCNA, or CCNP)
- The ideal candidate is someone who is keen to learn with a good work ethic - someone who can work from their own steam and is confident contributing to the team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and passionate about delivering exceptional customer support.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to build exceptional customer relationships
- Sound planning, organisational and prioritising skills
- A logical and tenacious approach to problem solving
- Previous support experience in a school environment would be useful but isn't essential.