Financial Accountant - Newly Created Role
Nigel Wright are delighted to be working in partnership with a large business in Co Durham who require a Financial Accountant to sit within a newly developed area of their business.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the organisation as you will take a lead role in defining the systems and processes, working with a close knit team.
As this is a new role, you will be instrumental in shaping and defining the role to a certain degree, with the ability to make this job your own. Day to day responsibilities will include:-
- Working closely with your non-finance colleagues/senior management team to understand the commercial and operational complexities of the business
- Preparation of monthly financial accounts and reports
- VAT and tax returns
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts (multiple sets)
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and reports
- Management of third party contractors
- Review of financial covenants
- Annual statutory reporting
- Budgeting and cashflow forecasting
It is likely, over time, that you will have the opportunity to grow and develop a team underneath you, offering you the ability to develop your staff management experience/skills.
- You will ideally have trained with one of the Big 4 firms and be seeking to make your first move into the commercial sector
- Educated to degree standard
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Upto date knowledge of accounting standards
This is an exceptional opportunity for a newly qualified accountant, looking to carve out a strong career within the commercial sector