One of the regions most successful Insurance Brokers are looking for an experienced Claims Handler to join their office in Cambridge.
Job: Claims Handler
Salary: £18K - £24K depending on experience.
Role Responsibilities -
- Managing existing claims and recording new claims.
- Dealing with Insurers and clients queries.
- Managing the process of a claims under delegated authority.
- Providing advice to clients regarding Claims in relation to policy cover.
- Preparing claim reports.
- Attending Claims meetings at clients premises.
- Liaising with Claims Managers, Account Executives, Broking Technicians and Directors over any queries relating to policy cover in relation to a claim.
- Identifying potential problem or contentious claims as soon as reported or when issues occur to Claims Manager/Group Claims Technical Manager as appropriate & providing updates on claims progress.
- Maintaining an effective diary system and chasing outstanding diary.
- Providing claims statistics/information to management as & when required.
- Ensure all responsibilities are carried out in accordance with FCA guidelines.
Experience and Skills
- Previous Claims experience.
- An understanding of FCA guidelines.
- Good organisational skills.
- Sound judgement and technical knowledge, together with commercial awareness.
- The ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when necessary.
- Experience of running an effective diary system.