Network Engineering Manager
Lead the IP & Microwave Network Engineering team at Arqiva, global leader in Communications Infrastructure.
As Network Engineering Manager, reporting to our Head of Networks, you’ll lead a team of Network Engineers responsible for the design of both IP and Microwave Networks, including staff development, coaching and mentoring. With responsibility for the delivery, control and assurance on network designs associated to all network projects and programmes (circa £5M to £10M) you’ll own the Network Technical Design Authority with responsibility for setting the governance standards, and reporting. Providing specialised technical expertise and advice to the business and other technical teams on networking technologies you’ll also define, agree and report on all functional KPI's. You’ll also:
- Align with the Architecture team in contributing towards Network Roadmaps and Network Strategy
- Contribute to the OPEX & CAPEX budget by undertaking forecasting and own business cases that relate to budgeted CAPEX allocation
- Develop internal key stakeholder relationships with senior management
- Assist in the selection of vendors and partners and ensure they are meeting SLAs and design deliverables
With a background in Network Engineering and strong technical understanding you’ll have experience managing teams of IP and Telecoms Engineers, be comfortable managing the allocation of resources to projects effectively and efficiently and getting the best out of individuals by helping with their technical and professional development. You can evidence the use of structured and methodical approaches to providing consistent high quality design solutions, service delivery and project delivery. You’ll also have:
- A good fundamental knowledge of RF Microwave and IP networks
- A good fundamental understanding of SDH/DWDM/Fibre Optic Networks
- Experience presenting (both written and verbally) to senior management teams
At Arqiva, our vision is to be central to every vital connection in a world which depends on a continuous stream of information. Always. At the forefront of communications infrastructure and media services, we’re the people behind the scenes who make connections happen in the digital world. Our values are about being ingenious, straightforward and collaborative in a clear and simple way to enable us to go that extra mile for our customers.
If this describes you and your career aspirations, to apply for this Network Engineering Manager role, please click on the APPLY button below.