EC Commissioner Grant Audit Manager
Headquartered in Brussels and with a global network of field offices, the Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) ensures rapid and effective delivery of EU relief assistance through humanitarian aid and civil protection. In 2015, ECHO helped more than 134 million people caught up in natural disasters or conflict in over 80 countries, spending over EUR1.5 billion.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for managing a number of ECHO's grant audits, developing more junior members of staff, managing the team of staff working on the audits, and communicating the results of the audit to the EC. You will begin to assist with the running of the NFP division by working with the management team to further develop the grant audits team and practice.
You will be based primarily in our busy office in London's Canary Wharf. In addition, there may be an opportunity for foreign travel to work on specific high profile assignments, and to attend closing meetings at INGOs across Europe to discuss the audit findings.
The role offers excellent personal and career development opportunities within my client's rapidly expanding Not for Profit team.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in the following areas;
- Substantial grant audit management experience;
- Proven skills in managing a portfolio of assignments;
- Proven skills in managing staff;
- Substantial external commercial auditing experience;
- A keen interest in specialising in the Not For Profit and Grant Auditing sector;
- ACA or ACCA, or equivalent, qualified; and
- Fluent English; ideally written and spoken French or Spanish to intermediate level. Any other European language skills would be considered beneficial.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of 4 distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance and Pro-Education: