Developer in Test - Must have working knowledge of Python.
Developer in Test
£35k - £40k depending on experience - plus equity
We are an artificial intelligence and data science start-up based in the heart of London and operational in New York City. Our team is currently on the hunt for a Developer in Test with strong experience delivering web applications in Python. Sounds like you? Please read on:
We are an energetic team solving complex problems in automation, analytics, and search for large-scale enterprises. Founded in 2014, our rapidly expanding client base includes some of the biggest names in finance, law, insurance and professional services. Longer-term, our objective is to direct our capabilities towards social mobility, public health and social enterprise to help address some of the more fundamental issues affecting society today.
As a company, we value empathy, ethical conduct and diversity - we believe that these attributes make us a stronger, happier and more creative business. Our current team includes representatives from four continents, multiple faiths, the LGBT community and a balanced number of men and women.
We are looking for brilliant, highly motivated people to join us in shaping the future of artificial intelligence. Our ideal person needs to be passionate about working for our business and be suited to our unique company culture that values dedication, mutual-support, intellectual curiosity and good humour. We strive to be a company where everyone can develop to the best of their abilities by doing intellectually stimulating work whilst enjoying a good work life balance.
As a Developer in Test you'll use your skills and expertise to make our systems more robust. Your scope will be broad, ranging from the creation of feature level verification tests, to writing and maintaining test infrastructure to run those tests. You will be expected to champion (and contribute to) test coverage. As an integral part of release cycles, you will take part in architecture discussions and pull requests.
What you'll do day-to-day:
* Design and write automated tests for our existing code and core algorithms
* Champion CI best practises, architectures, methodologies and toolsets
* Take part in code reviews
* Collaborate with a team of motivated developers, product managers and designers to identify, monitor and address product performance gaps (e.g. security, speed, functionality, uptime)
What you'll bring to the table:
* 1+ ship cycles delivering software in Python and Django REST, as demonstrated by an online portfolio / git repository / set of links in your cover letter
* Hands-on testing and automation experience, preferably in a CI environment
* Strong interest in software analytics (i.e. monitoring for speed and load), the factors that affect web deployment (i.e. browser compatibility, devices, accessibility, network coverage), various CI techniques (e.g. dark launching) and an ability to speak to these points
* Strong interest in mentoring and supporting our junior developers as they progress
Good to have:
* An interest in machine learning and/or data science
* An interest in working with clients
The right candidate will be:
* Relentlessly curious and a life-long learner, with a passion for self-development
* A team player. You take ownership of your work, think long-term and act on behalf of the business, not just your immediate peers. You are happy to pitch in.
* Both kind and courageous. You believe that trust is earned by listening attentively, speaking candidly, and treating others respectfully. You take time to understand the whole picture, and have the courage to challenge decisions, even when this is difficult
* Always looking to improve (yourself, the company, our process, our products) and create lasting value for our clients.
*Please note* - we ask all successful candidates to complete a coding test in python and all successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours.