Senior Sales Engineer (Enterprise Software Solutions)
About My Client
They are an Application Intelligence company. They help enterprises to have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Their integrated suite of products is built on innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. They are uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analysing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for providing world class pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on application performance management. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize their industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating the company’s ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with their Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve their business and their customers’ success
To be a successful Sales Engineer with our client , you need to have experience in a sales engineer or customer-facing role, and be passionate about technical sales and working with customers. Ideally, you are ambitious and self-motivated, and have experience with application performance management technologies and techniques and Cloud and Big Data technologies. Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Travel up to 50%
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques
- Experience with Cloud and Big Data technologies
- Experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as ASP.NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
- Experience with common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc.
We are looking for really high calibre Sales Engineer professionals. We are prepared to pay highly competitive compensation packages and offer an exciting career opportunity in a global leading software company.
If you’re interested, please apply today and we can arrange an immediate conversation with you