Data Centre Manager - AD, Citrix, Vmware, SQL
Are you an experienced hands on Data Centre Manager?
A greener, more environmentally-friendly UK is possible – and we’re making it happen. As a Data Centre Manager at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK, you’ll be contributing to an ever growing established company that’s helping customers reduce their impact on the environment, conserve natural resources and reduce landfill.
What will I be doing as a Data Centre Manager?
As part of the Technical Services Team you will be expected to create and maintain a demonstrably secure and high performing Data Centre environment in which SUEZ recycling and recovery can achieve its strategic goals. You will lead and manage the Data Centre function which is responsible for delivering a robust, flexible and scalable technology infrastructure to meet the evolving requirements of SUEZ.
You will architect and deliver technical solutions focussed on delivering exceptional user experience. This state will be achieved by working collaboratively with all functions within technical services and the wider MIS department.
You will also provide technical support to the SUEZ UK customer base. Will also be responsible for incident and problem management as defined by ITIL for all incidents / problems reported through the Business Support Desk. Delivery of an annual technical roadmap of continuous improvement.
What are the requirements? (Experience and qualifications)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing teams of 3-5 personnel.
- Strong technical knowledge and a coaching culture.
- Able to manage enterprise wide technical architecture strategies, lead large change programmes in information systems and technologies and develop best in class IT infrastructure and operations.
- Knowledge of AD, Citrix, Vmware, SQL, storage (Preferably EMC), Fibre switching.
- Knowledge of Unix is desirable.
- Experience with active-active Data Centres.
- Detailed understanding of SLAs and tracking.
- Innovative and proactive planner with astute problem solving skills; able to successfully formulate solutions and strategies to address and resolve complex technical problems.
- Comprehensive experience providing technical solutions and support in a tiered service delivery structure.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills; able to influence business decisions and formulate positive internal and external relationships with customers, strategic partners, outsourced service providers, staff and senior managers.
- Experience of working in enterprise environments, managing risk, compliance and governance to CODIS standards - SUEZ IS governance.
With a raft of benefits, family-friendly policies and excellent remuneration packages, there’s never been a better time to join SUEZ recycling and recovery UK.
We are proud of our fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development as we continue to build and grow our forward thinking company and you could play a key part in our success.
A friendly and supportive place that you will love to work, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. We also expect our people to be enthusiastic and responsible. If you share our thinking – and have the qualities we’re looking for – you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
SUEZ recycling and recovery UK are an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV.
If you apply for any of our vacancies and do not receive an automated response within 24 hours of submitting your application, please telephone our recruitment helpline on .