3rd Line Support Engineer
iRecruit Specialist is working with a company based in Gloucestershire looking to recruit for a 3rd Line Support Engineer. You will be carrying out investigations into systems, responding to user incidents, installing hardware, supporting events and course delivery, and making appropriate adjustments and work to documented processes.
This is an exciting new opportunity to further your career working in a fantastic rural location which has a dedicated training facility for fire and rescue and services.
This would be ideal for someone who has worked in a school/college environment supporting a large number of users.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience in managing technical infrastructure and configuration items
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of wide range of infrastructure technologies, including:
- Storage and backup solutions
- Experienced in liaising with 3rd party suppliers and service contracts.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering audio visual support and solutions.
- Awareness and experience of operating to project management principles.
- Relevant technical certifications in ITIL, MS, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, 3COM, HP or other infrastructure technologies is highly desirable.
- Windows servers (Physical and virtual)
- Desktop imaging and build technologies including application packaging and distribution solutions.
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP services.
- Network and telephony infrastructure (such as Cisco LAN & WAN, firewalls, wireless networks and analogue and IP telephony technologies).
Responsibilities of the role:
- Troubleshoot and administer infrastructure and applications supporting the businesses daily operations.
- To ensure all services provided are delivered within agreed SLA and financial commitments.
- Provide effective ICT support for the event delivery operations of the college
- Provide an ICT platform to support college staff in their daily operational activities.
- Develop and execute the processes and procedures required to ensure successful delivery of new and existing services, ensuring new clients & solutions are transitioned into service successfully.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contracts as required, to ensure effective delivery of service.
3RD LINE / DESKTOP / SERVER / SLA'S / TROUBLESHOOT / ACTIVE DIRECTORY