The post holder will support the Director of Finance by providing the platform to enable the delivery of the Group financial strategy and corporate plan.
This not for profit organisation based in the Chester area are an established and successful group.
The Transactional Manager will provide strategic leadership for a portfolio of finance activities including end to end general ledger management. You will have a team of 5 ledger clerks reporting into you and your role will be to provide advice, guidance and support to the senior management of the Group on a range of accounting and legislative matters.
- Lead the exchequer function ensuring accurate and timely financial transaction processing for group.
- Lead and manage a team staff ensuring they have the right skills and deliver an effective and efficient service.
- Ensure that all legislative requirements are met with regard to all aspects of company law, accounting rules and guidelines and advise and inform the leadership.
- Support the hierarchy
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture, implement efficient ways of working for both current and new processes
- Be responsible for the Procurement Function of the Group
- Be responsible for the Treasury function of the Group.
- Manage the insurance policies
- Review and authorise the monthly payroll process, working with the Payroll Manager and HR in maintaining an efficient service. Provision of cover for payroll requirements, where necessary
- Deliver an effective procure to pay function
- Deliver an effective Accounts Receivable service
The Transactional Manager will be required to have a proven track record within this function with a a demonstrative record of delivering high quality services against challenging objectives and resources. You will have hands on exposure in leading, inspiring and motivating teams to drive services forward, achieving high quality delivery within reducing resources.
The Transactional Manager will have:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent career opportunities
- Free Car Parking
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Further study support opportunities