First Line Support Technician - up to £21k + benefits - Poole
Our client is a market leader in communications software. Due to a recent restructure there is now an exciting opportunity for a Software Support Technician to join their helpdesk team.
Maximising revenue and meeting targets by providing customers with a courteous and efficient technical support service either by telephone, remote access or on site, if necessary.
Key areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
- Following technical support procedures as per ISO standard.
- Following remote installation and training procedures as per ISO standard.
- Providing cover for other members of helpdesk team when required.
- Continually developing skills and knowledge of products.
- Creating help documents for internal and external use.
- Assisting other helpdesk team members, including occasional site visits
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to GCSE level C or above (or equivalent) in 5 subjects including Maths and English
- Ability to identify problems and come up with appropriate solution
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work accurately and methodically, with keen attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills, especially in telephone techniques
- Experience in working with processes and procedures
- Good computer and IT Skills
- Experience of working in a customer focussed support desk or call centre environment
- Private health care
- Group life assurance
- Discounted Virgin Gym membership
- Complimentary staff refreshments