IT Software Sales Executive
Abavus Ltd is a young and fast growing software resale operation with 8 members of staff based in the UK, with offices in London and a satellite office in Norwich. We are planning and recruiting now for our next phase of expansion.
The Sales Executive will be involved with and will carry increasing responsibility for all stages of the sales process. The successful candidate will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Director and the Operations Director to help achieve sales targets, through primarily the identification of new customer & business opportunities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Achieving sales revenue targets through qualified sales pipeline development, at sector specific targeted new customers
- Adding new clients across our sales territories
- Helping to manage, drive and to accurately update the CRM database of target accounts and job titles and to progress opportunity qualification
- Working with the sales director and operations director in building sales campaigns and executing these individually and as part of a team
- Supporting and driving our data and content driven marketing plans and supporting systematic prospect identification
- Managing opportunities that emerge through our highly developed, content-driven marketing approach
- You will be expected to learn our technology products and to become proficient at delivering software demonstrations to interested clients, both via webcast and face to face.
Skills and experience:
An excellent telephone manner is essential as you will be having first conversations with prospects holding senior positions in target accounts with a view to establishing interest and commitment to onsite meetings.
The ability to deliver webcast demonstrations and where required face to face onsite demonstrations.
Experience of working in a technology sales environment is certainly an advantage but is not an absolute pre-requisite.
Demonstrable success in working jointly on complex sales opportunities.
The ability to build professional relationships (both customers and colleagues) with individuals at all levels in an organisation that are based on mutual trust and professionalism.
Ability to work efficiently, consistently and accurately with sales databases and CRM systems (in particular with Salesforce CRM), keeping the data in them refreshed and up to date.
Ability to work in a systematic fashion to achieve challenging sales targets.
An enthusiasm for technology and how it can be applied to help organisations become more efficient and effective.
A good understanding of social media and how these tools are used in business would be helpful.
A working knowledge of the UK local government market might be handy too, including an understanding of contemporary local government issues such as digital transformation and channel shift.
Knowledge of cloud or SaaS solutions, Oracle-based technologies and mobile app-based technologies is desirable.
Terms and conditions
Post: Full Time (but subject to 3 monthly performance reviews during the 1st 12 months).
Working Hours: 40+ hours per week.
Holiday: 20 days holiday in first year moving to 25 days thereafter.
Base salary from £35,000.00-£40,000.00 based on skills and experience.
On Target Earnings from £40,000 -£60,000 on skills and experience.
Location can be flexible across the UK for the right candidate.
Full Driving Licence (desirable not essential)