Senior Data Engineer AWS Python
Senior Data Engineer | Python | AWS | Kinesis
London | £50,000 to £100,000
Are you interested in leading the implementation of a business critical, massively scalable real-time analytics platform from scratch?
Your platform (based on real-time analytics tools within AWS, e.g. Kinesis/Spark) will enable a broad array of new analytics/data science techniques, including build real-time recommendation systems and machine learning.
You'll gain exposure to not only hands-on development, but architecture, design and even some data science.
THE COMPANY, ROLE & PROJECT
A multinational gaming software company with offices across Europe, Hong Kong & Australia to name a few, they are at the forefront of the analytics industry with some genuinely cutting-edge use cases, including real-time analytics around customer promotions and risk/fraud detection.
Your role as Data Engineer will be to initially act as a 'Data Evangelist' and help to deploy a number of different AWS services but with a real focus on Kinesis & Spark. There is already huge buy-in from the company around data and you'll have a virtually unlimited amount of resources.
There is massive potential to go beyond this team and even become a fully fledged Data Architect or Data Scientist.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Data Engineer, you'll likely already be developing a cloud-based Big Data platform (AWS/Cloudera/Hortonworks are the preferences) and have an understanding of data science, as well as the business/product benefits of Big Data.
On the technical side, you'll have the following skills:
- Strong Python programming skills (Scala would be a plus)
- Experience with a number of AWS services, such as EMR, EC2, Spark, Kinesis
- A background with RDMBS, eg. SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres
- Knowledge of Lambda architecture
As Data Engineer, you'll benefit from the following:
- An opportunity to build a cutting edge, greenfield product
- The chance to work with cutting-edge real-time analytics tools like Spark streaming, Kinesis, Kafka & Flink to name a few
- Potential to move into Data Science or Data Architecture
- £50,000 to £100,000 plus a strong benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
Click the 'Apply' link on this page - if you don't think this is the one for you, Harnham are working on loads of roles in the busiest Big Data market ever - get in touch with Jethro Willett at Harnham
Data Engineer, Python, AWS, SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Scala, Lambda