Database Manager - Charity Sector
A UK's leading cancer charity for children and young people based in Hammersmith, West London is looking to recruit a Database Manager to provide database management and technical ownership. You must have previous experience providing effective database management.
Core Key Responsibilities:
- Provide database management and technical ownership of the Services and Fundraising CRM systems and associated tools used to support the Services and Fundraising functions of the charity
- Act as the business lead for Services and Fundraising, interpreting management information requirements, deriving solutions directly with users and managing resulting development or implementation projects
- Provide operational supervision to the management information systems team including assigning work tasks, directing weekly priorities and resolving operational issues as they arise
- Provide effective database management of the Services and Fundraising CRM systems including the OLAP reporting tools
- Support the implementation of the IM&T Strategic priorities and project managing those related to the Services and Fundraising CRM systems, ensuring any such development enables the charity to use business intelligence to support decision making and delivers improved services to supporters and service users
- Provide technical expertise
- Undertake complex SQL updates to all CRM systems
- Effectively maintain and administer the CARE SQL Server
- Perform regular data tasks including designing, producing and running queries, reports, import routines and data cleansing tasks
- Advise in the creation of Services and Fundraising CRM user guides for technical and business processes, interpreting user needs and translating those into technical requirements ensuring staff have a clear understanding of technical dependencies, deliverable, issues and outcomes
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (including select & update statements)
- In depth knowledge of MS Office
- Extensive experience and knowledge of SQL server
- Excellent MS excel skills
- Experience of developing/configuring OLAP reporting tools
- Experience of database management in a multi-user environment
- Extensive experience of writing complex multi-table SQL queries and performing large data updates
- Experience of managing database development projects
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of formal educational exposure to relational databases
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.