Hands-on leadership of the Linux Engineering & DBA team at Arqiva, global leader in Communications Infrastructure.
As Linux Lead, reporting to our Technical Operations Manager, you’ll lead a team made up of UNIX & DBA specialists who are responsible for Arqiva’s Operational Server estate, completing planned works, 3rd line incident management and continuous improvement. In a hands on leadership role you’ll technically lead improvements across our UNIX estate as well as providing active leadership, coaching and support to the UNIX and DB team including one to ones, objective setting and performance reviews. Contributing to the delivery of projects through the provision of technical advice, installation and commissioning support and service transition you’ll implement upgrades and modifications to existing systems. You’ll also:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of policies and processes
- Engage with customers and build positive working relationships
- Supervise the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors
- Lead existing and new HLD and LLD Designs
- Contribute to the on-call support rota.
With extensive experience working on Linux and UNIX operating systems, particularly Red Hat, in a systems engineer capacity, you’ll have exceptional technical skills to complement your leadership capability. Able to get the best out of your team by helping with their technical and professional development you’re also confident representing the team in front of senior leadership and business stakeholders. With an excellent understanding of industry related initiatives you’re able to work in a busy, fast moving environment and have a good understanding of project management methodologies. You’ll be experienced working in an enterprise environment including:
- RHCE or equivalent Qualification
- Experience working on databases such as MySQL, Oracle & PostGres
- Management tools such as RHEL Sat 5/6
- Automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible & Chef
- Experience of working with VMware and Virtualisation
- SC clearance(or ability to go through the clearance process)
- ITIL V3 foundation
At Arqiva, our vision is to be central to every vital connection in a world which depends on a continuous stream of information. Always. At the forefront of communications infrastructure and media services, we’re the people behind the scenes who make connections happen in the digital world. Our values are about being ingenious, straightforward and collaborative in a clear and simple way to enable us to go that extra mile for our customers.
If this describes you and your career aspirations, to apply for this Linux Leadrole, please click on the APPLY button below.