Vehicle and Motorcycle Technician
Vehicle and Motorcycle Technician
Our client looks after the entire Leicestershire Police Vehicle Fleet which comprises of approx. 650 vehicles. The Transport Unit, is responsible for commissioning, servicing and maintaining this diverse Fleet of vehicles.
Position: Vehicle and Motorcycle Technician
Location: Enderby, Leicestershire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,813 -£26,535 (Scale 6)
About the role:
As a Vehicle and Motorcycle Technician you will accurately and quickly diagnose vehicle defects and repair appropriately. Also, to undertake vehicle servicing, repair, MOT (where appropriate) and other related work as directed. All activities undertaken in support of Policing Operations.
- Be an effective and efficient member of the Transport Unit maintenance team and to ensure that all activities and work undertaken
- Undertake vehicle component mechanical and electrical diagnosis and repairs as required
- Check servicing schedules to confirm that vehicles are due for service
- Diagnose faults and defects with the aid of diagnostic and other equipment and rectify such faults in an efficient and effective manner
- Undertake road tests of vehicles as necessary following repair tasks
- Complete all vehicle servicing and repair documentation correctly and in a timely manner and to a good standard
- Refer to and utilise manufacturers and local technical and procedural information in the repair of vehicles
- Liaise with the Workshop Controller / Coordinator and Service Adviser at the commencement of duty each to receive guidance / instructions on vehicle and related repair priorities
- Liaise with vehicle users and drivers as necessary in order to receive details of defects and to analyse and interpret
- Complete all vehicle servicing and repair documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Hold City and Guilds Vehicle Technician or equivalent qualification.
- Have served a 3 year apprenticeship or equivalent training programme or have had appropriate work experience to an equivalent standard
- Substantial experience in modern vehicle fault diagnosis and resultant repairs
- Experience on a fleet within a dealership.
- Be able to demonstrate proficient experience of maintaining motorcycles to a safe standard
- Be willing to repair motor cycles as and when required on a possible part time basis.
- Hold a full driving licence for cars and light vans, a maximum of 3 penalty points will be accepted
- Hold a full motorcycle licence
- Hold a motorcycle repair qualification and / or repair experience
- Experience of working on emergency service vehicles and the installation of emergency warning equipment, communication radios and related mobile data equipment
- Be a Qualified MOT Tester. including motorcycles.
- Hold an LCV driving license.
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations.
The successful candidate will undergo pre-employment checks, to include security vetting, references and medical screening.
You may have experience of the following: Vehicle Technician, Automotive Repairs, Mechanic, Motor Vehicle Technician, Servicing & Repair, Vehicle Mechanic, Fitter, Automotive Technician, Automotive Engineer, Motorcycle Technician, Motorcycle Engineer, Motorcycle Mechanic, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.