Accounts Payable Manager
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an experienced Accounts Payable Manager as an integral part of a Shared Service Centre and to strengthen the Finance team of a growing service sector business. The successful candidate should have strong all-round accounts experience, including comprehensive and detailed reconciliation skills, expert accounts payable knowledge and experience in supervising an accounts payable team of 8.
Key responsibilities required for the role of Accounts Payable Manager:
- Supervision and training of a team of 8 Purchase Ledger staff
- Ensure the AP function runs smoothly with regular reviews of workload to avoid backlog and timely resolution of issues
- Ensure that supplier invoices are checked coded and matched to purchase orders & deliveries, and approved for payment
- To ensure suppliers are paid on time with reviews and action plans for >60 days ageing balances, with prompt resolutions sought
- Ensure CIS suppliers, work & related invoices are correctly processed and compliant with rules and procedures
- To produce monthly CIS payment reports/ returns for submittal to HMRC
- To ensure that legal and stop notices are dealt with promptly without impact on the business and major contracts
- To run weekly Accounts Payable payment proposals sending out to key departments for review, including Treasury for Cash forecasting
- Running weekly Bacs Payment runs for Accounts Payable & Expenses
- Ensure that all required allocations are made on Accounts Payable ledger including Direct Debits
- Produce all monthly Accounts Payable related reports for Creditors, Stock, and Retentions etc
- Produce all accounts payable month end reconciliations
- To produce monthly accounts Payable KPI graphs relating to volume of invoices received, headcount, invoices processed & payment days
Key skills required for the role of Accounts Payable Manager:
- Strong all-round Accounting Knowledge, including Accounts Payable, ideally CIS and VAT
- Confidence to challenge and endorse an environment of change, adding value and efficiency where possible
- Previous management experience and strong supervisory skills are essential for this role
- Strong communication skills
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel (v-lookup and pivot tables minimum)
If you are looking for a career in a challenging, professional environment where you can make your mark as part of a dynamic and committed team, then I want to hear from you. For more information please apply online or contact Kerry Norman at the Manchester Sellick Partnership office.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership's new website is now live! Featuring a bold new look and streamlined navigation, you'll also enjoy a more personalised experience. Visit us now.