IT Technical Support Engineer
Our client is keen to recruit an experience IT Technical Support Engineer to join their team in Calne
They are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable, focused, conscientious team player who is self-motivated and well organised.
The objective of the role is to provide telephone and site support to their staff and customers. The ideal candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, a strong focus on customer service and have the capacity to learn. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate you have strong attention to detail and are able to work to deadlines within Service Level Agreements.
- Net App or EMC Trained
- Good general product experience, ideally storage systems and hardware is required.
- Recognised qualifications in Technical, Electronic or IT subjects and / or experience and / or recognised qualifications in Blue Chip Industries.
- Experience and / or recognised qualifications in general IT principles (Comptia A+) Ideally Server+, Storage+, Network+, Certified
- Strong trouble-shooting and technical questioning skills.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing a responsive general technical support service
- Evaluating and understanding new products for support and training purposes
- Attending product training courses, developing and delivering training modules
- Developing and extending technical and product knowledge through research and University modules
- Providing Technical and Product Support via telephone or on-site as required
- Identifying and preparing parts for despatch to customer site or engineer
- Configuring, testing and repairing products where required
- Being available for out of hours telephone support and participating in Duty Technical Support Rota
- Maintaining TS laboratory equipment and workshop areas in tidy and good condition, ensuring that all anti-static precautions are taken and workshop procedures are followed
- Ensuring all assigned calls are dealt with in timely fashion and are closed within SLA