Cloud Infrastructure Specialist - Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Specialist - Cloud Support Engineer is required by a rapidly expanding client based Close to Guildford, West Surrey, paying up to £45k on call allowance
Cloud Infrastructure Specialist to join our global team and will have excellent technical knowledge of infrastructure technologies for multi-tenanted SaaS and Cloud environments, with experience in the configuration and management of all layers including Networking, Virtualisation, Windows Domains, Linux, databases and servers in various roles.Along with good troubleshooting skills, you will have a pro-active approach to operations, maintenance and change management.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Manager, you will be part of the team responsible for the following areas:
- Diagnosing and fixing technical issues with infrastructure using remote and on-site tools
- Assisting with customer support issues and troubleshooting under tight SLA's
- Deploying and configuring new environments, servers and services for the on-boarding of new customers.
- Developing and applying monitoring and maintenance procedures to minimize risk, provide an optimised environment and ensure a resilient and secure environment
- Researching, designing and applying best practices, technologies and approaches to manage capacity, growth, automation and compliance
- Delivering out of hours on-call support and planned maintenance activities for controlled releases and upgrades
- Supporting the development and data management teams in the process of delivering changes and releases to various environments
- Supporting 1st tier case management
- Creating and maintaining structured technical documentation for configuration management and knowledge sharing
The Cloud Infrastructure Specialist will have hands on practical experience in the following:
- Management, configuration and maintenance of enterprise SQL environments in multi-tenanted, 24x7x365 configurations
- Operations and management of multiple VMware virtualised environments including clustered/resilient configurations, DR, monitoring, capacity planning, optimisation, scripting and orchestration.
- Management and configuration of Windows and Linux Server's in various roles and functions (IIS, AD, DNS, FSRM, SQL)
- Experience supporting and managing MS SQL
- Operations and management of different enterprise storage technologies (NAS, SAN) including optimisation for databases
- A strong understanding of TCP/IP networking in regards to servers, routers, firewalls, applications, databases and storage and experience managing and configuring FortiGate and Cisco firewalls
- Experience of configuration and release management practices and tools used in fully operational customer environments.
My client are based close to Guildford, West Surrey and looking to reward this Cloud Infrastructure Specialist - Cloud Support Engineer of up to £45k + on call Allowance
If you are an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Specialist - Cloud Support Engineer who is looking for a new challenge then please forward you CV ASAP.