Ocado is a pioneering online grocery delivery service that is revolutionising the way people shop for food. Unlike old-fashioned supermarkets, we don't rely upon a network of large chain superstores, but on a 'centralised distribution' business model. We depend on innovative technology-driven solutions to deliver our world class service. We're still growing fast, so we're on the lookout for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at a pace.
The Commercial Executive role is within the Grocery Marketing team, which is responsible for helping make smart and profitable decisions within all areas of customer marketing.
Ocado’s marketing is not about subjectivity and gut feel, it’s about deep insight into what inspires our customers and what are the ways we can satisfy their needs and wants. It’s about lateral thinking and doing more with less, finding subtle improvements and opportunities that lie in new and established, channels and media. From digital to TV to email to social marketing and beyond, we think there’s always a way to do things better. We look for simplicity and elegance, we apply targeting and personalisation and strive to say the right thing at the right time in the right way to every individual customer.
To lead projects across the complete customer lifecycle with the support of the Commercial Manager, to meet departmental objectives for customer acquisition, early journey retention, and long term loyalty
Role and Responsibilities
- End to end management of multiple concurrent projects, establishing and building relationships across the Retail team, wider Ocado business and with third parties to ensure successful project outcomes
- Develop proposals for campaigns, accounting for cost and effort of available marketing channels
- Undertake feasibility analysis to sell innovative ideas to Senior Management
- Lead the development of project deliverables ensuring that all milestones are met to a high standard
- Ensure effective collaboration with creative, technology and insight teams
- Interpret and manipulate analysis supplied by the Insight team to deliver cost-effective improvements to customer initiatives.
- Regularly present campaign performance, project statuses and prioritisation of current workload to Commercial Manager.
- Responsibility for the line management of a junior member of the team enabling their development and ensuring their tasks and projects are delivered successfully.
- Collect information and conduct research as required to form ideas and get feedback from customers around marketing initiatives
- Prepare creative briefs for producing assets needed for marketing initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience within Marketing, mainly focused on customer acquisition and retention, direct marketing and events ideally within the retail sector;
- Experience managing projects autonomously from beginning to conclusion at a high standard;
- Working to numerous deadlines, some of which are short deadlines;
- Capable of building and developing relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Analytically minded and is able to work with data
- IT literate, including a high level of skills within Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Can show creative and innovative thinking;
- Can take ownership of work and is self-managing;
- Can work across functions, including but not limited to the Trading/Buying team and the Creative team;
- Highly organised, flexible and proactive across diverse range of activities
- Focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Inquisitiveness about customer motivations and human behaviour
- A minimum of a 2:1 within a humanities or quantitative degree from a top tier university.