Software Engineer Java or PHP
My client is looking for a Software Engineer to join their talented team based in Newcastle. The development team works according to agile practices and has adopted the Scrum methodologies, working through the full development lifecycle, reviewing emerging technology and practices to identify potential improvements.
Candidates will need
- At least three years of solid experience with developing HTTP APIs, preferably using dynamic languages (Java, PHP. Golang and Perl).
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (JS / CSS)
- Solid experience understanding relational databases and writing SQL
- Practical experience writing unit / integration tests and (end-to-end) API tests.
- Ability to collaborate in an agile process with a cross-functional team on both small and large scale changes.
- Familiarity with distributed source and version control systems
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced developer looking to further their knowledge with a forward-thinking business. The role will come with salary of up to £50,000 and excellent range of benefits.