Oracle Database Developer - Global Provider of outsourced Business Solutions - £45-£50k
Oracle Database Developer
Global Provider of outsourced Business Solutions
Salary Package: £45,000-50,000
My client is a leading global provider of outsourced business solutions for the automotive industry. Covering the entire globe they have decades of experience, with more than 6000 experts in 80 countries! My client has been an innovator in the automotive industry now for more than half a century and is now a household name working with the world’s top automotive companies. My clients dedicated team is committed to making this industries business more efficient, cost-effective, profitable and successful.
My client is looking for an Oracle Database Developer to work primarily on data warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions, in collaboration with colleagues developing their Enterprise Business Applications. The successful candidate will be part of an incredibly motivated team, pushing forward the development of a range of key strategic, enterprise scale platforms. You will work across various global projects simultaneously serving leading automotive OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) clients.
You will be skilled in understanding and analysing the needs of internal business units but also OEM customers. You will design creative, pragmatic solutions, either by enhancing the existing platforms or providing custom solutions when required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working across various global projects simultaneously serving leading automotive OEM clients
- Engaging with BA’s (Business Analysts) and PM’s (Project Managers) in order to understand, clarify and confirm requirements and high-level technical overview.
- Engage regularly with members of the technical team e.g. Lead Developers / Solutions Architects to understand, clarify and confirm the design and architecture. As well as sharing knowledge with the development group on a regular basis.
- Code, configure, correct and document applications/ code enhancements which meet defined specifications in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Work with existing Data Architect to assist in the design of the Physical Data Model (PDM) (based on the Logical Data Model (LDM)). To create mappings between PDM and LDM.
- Write business logic in PL SQL packages.
- Build and maintain ETL jobs using scripting and ETL tools.
- Supply Oracle development assistance and guidance where needed, for project and business as usual changes.
- Identify applicable system platform, components, and dependencies.
- Provide uniform integration into legacy systems.
- Prepare and maintain documentation to meet the needs of the business, ensuring interface specifications are included in completed deliverable.
- Participate reviewing code and ensuring that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Working within an Agile development team at all stages of the development cycle.
- Superb educational background (degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent qualification)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with Oracle database or other similar relational database - including one year’s experience of the current supported version.
- PLSQL programming skills
- Expert knowledge of Relational Database Management system tools SQL*Net, PL/SQL and SQL.
- Knowledge of ETL code and tools. It would be desirable if you also had knowledge of Clover.
- Expertise in Oracle performance tuning.
- Good knowledge of operating systems (specifically Linux).
- A good level of general knowledge in order to assist development staff and supply technical knowledge.
- Understanding of N tier application architecture.
- Willing to adjust to occasional flexible working arrangements
- Ability to communicate clearly, work well under pressure and as part of a team as well as independently.
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to wide-ranging technology and projects leading to personal growth and skills development,
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement
- Relaxed dress code
- Other company benefits (more details on request)
For further details on this fantastic opportunity please apply with your CV today!