Senior Management Accountant
This manufacturing business in Wigan are looking for a Senior Management Accountant in an exciting role with prospects of progressing to a Finance Manager.
Responsible for 2 direct reports, your key responsibilities will include;
- Timely and accurate production of the monthly management accounts, including full and detailed variance to budget/forecast/flash results and detailed and comprehensive narrative
- Full monthly balance sheet reconciliations identifying all areas of potential concern
- Maintenance of a full set of monthly and month-end procedure notes, together with monthly and month-end checklists
- Ensure the maintenance and management a detailed fixed asset register, monitoring all significant capex projects.
- Ensure the management of any intercompany accounts
- Production of the annual statutory accounts and corporation tax return, together with any necessary reconciliations
- Liaise with external auditors and other third parties
- Liaise with the FP&A team to ensure the weekly flash result reflects & review business budgets and forecasts
- Proactively provide regular and ad hoc reporting to the business, including regular detailed reporting to operational managers
- Working with the Financial Controller to implement new systems and updated financial changes within the business in a controlled and logical manner, ensuring financial integrity and adherence to all deadlines throughout the change programme
- Staff management for own team, including appraisals and performance management
- Ad hoc projects as requested by Financial Controller or Finance Director
- Previous experience in a Senior Management Accountant role
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience working in a fast paced, customer facing environment (ideally manufacturing, logistics, engineering or construction)
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven track record of process improvement
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join an organisation with real opportunities to progress into a Financial Controller or Finance Manager role. With responsibility for your own team and the chance to implement your own improvements and changes, this is an ideal chance for any Management Accountant looking for the next step in their career.