Accounts and Audit Senior
Expanding firm with an opportunity for a finalist or recently qualified ACA / ACCA in a general practice role offering variety and career progression.
The role is a combination of being office based and out visiting clients which will require some travelling and involve the performing of audits and preparation of accounts from client’s prime records and software packages.
There will be audit work, supporting the audit manager and leading audits, taking responsibility for junior staff, coordinating and reviewing their work.
The role will also involve training and assisting with the development of junior members of staff as well as reviewing some of the juniors work.
Training clients in bookkeeping and being able to interpret their accounts is an important part of the firm's work and so confidence when dealing with clients is essential, as too are good communication skills, both written and verbal. There will be ad hoc assignments such as preparing business plans and cash flow forecasting. Depending upon the attributes of the candidate, progression to assistant manager within 12 - 24 months would be expected.
- Preparation of accounts from client’s prime records and accounting software
- Producing accounts to draft stage, including Tax Computation for Manager Review
- Leading Audit assignments, taking responsibility for staff supervision and client management.
- Training and developing junior members of staff
- Dealing with clients and assisting with training client’s in respect of their book keeping requirements
- Nearly or newly ACCA or ACA qualified.
- Dealing with client queries and liaising with clients in respect of accounting matters.
- Supporting the managers in running their portfolios.
- Assisting with "one off" jobs such as cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation of management accounts and VAT returns.
- Knowledge of Sage essential.
- Knowledge of IRIS and other software useful.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of integrity and commitment.
- Demonstrates enjoyment in their work.
- Supportive and reliable team member.
- Loyal and self motivated.
This role is suited to a recently qualified ACA or ACCA with a General Accounting Practice background and looking for their next opportunity to develop their skills as they progress towards a management position and where the opportunity is not forthcoming with their current firm.