Paralegal - Personal Injury - Perfect for Graduates!
Paralegal - Personal Injury
A Fantastic Opportunity for Progression!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Paralegal to assist our Personal Injury team and advise clients who have been involved in accidents, helping them to recover compensation for the injuries and losses they have suffered. This role is based in Bournemouth and is a fantastic opportunity for progression with a renowned legal firm.
The personal injury team is there to support clients through the crisis, protect their interests and ensure that they receive the compensation to which they are entitled.
In Chambers UK 2016, the company has twenty partners listed as 'Leaders in their Field'. They are a top tier firm in five practice areas and recommended in 16 other in The Legal 500 2015.
The key responsibilities will include the following:
- Conduct personal injury cases in adherence with the firm guidance and acting in the clients' best interests at all time.
- Achieving KPI's set from time to time.
- Complying with internal and external protocols.
- Complying with all relevant legislation.
- Respond to enquiries from new clients giving further information about LA services and cross reference to other relevant fee earners.
- Research new issues to find appropriate and creative solutions for clients.
- Comply with and promote firm-wide/Solicitors Regulation Authority procedures, for example, compliance, HR and accounts.
- Support, promote and build relationships with colleagues.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior members of the team/firm.
- Business development and marketing.
- Keep current with the latest legal knowledge and working practices.
It is important to promote our core values - clients, people, teamwork and ownership.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and computer literate with a high level of communication skills and a keen eye to detail. It is important to be analytical and have problem solving abilities with a capability to learn.
The ideal candidate will be in a supportive environment and possess the following qualities/skills:
Have a desire to go above and beyond expectations using your own initiative. Have a creative approach to problem solving, overcoming challenges, despite hurdles and resolve challenges consistent with the company's values and ways of working. Have excellent time management and Possess good marketing and business development skills at all levels.
Hours: A minimum of 37.5 hours per week 9am to 5.30pm with a one hour lunch break per day.
Based in Southampton office but travel to Bournemouth and London office may be required.
What benefits will you receive?
The companies motto is "we know that we're nothing without our people", and that's why you are offered a range of flexible benefits, training schemes and great facilities. As well as 25 days' holiday and a wonderful pension scheme, you will receive private health care, life assurance, professional subscriptions.