Marketing & Events Manager
Pearson Whiffin Recruitment Ltd are working exclusively with a reputable professional services organisation based in Maidstone and we are seeking a Marketing & Events Manager to join their team
To support the firm on a wide range of business development and marketing activities to include: Production of relevant and targeted collateral, Advertising, Newsletters, Client feedback mechanisms, PR, Sponsorship, Brand, Design, Events, Networking and On-line (both internal and external); managing and driving forward firm wide profile building initiatives.
- Maximising opportunities to grow the firm's revenues from existing and prospective clients
- Raising the firm's profile and position within the local markets in which they are located
- Leveraging and coordinating outside influencers
- Structured approach to targeting new business generation, profile raising and marketing campaigns
- Working closely with the management committee, to develop robust plans
- Managing the implementation of the firms plans and budgets, regularly monitoring and reporting on progress
- Drafting, reviewing and updating materials and entries in local media and industry supplements
- Writing, editing and producing marketing communications including presentations, brochures, newsletters and web copy
- Managing events
- Planning and managing strategic advertising opportunities
- Budget management
- Working with colleagues to develop individual objectives and targeting plans and working closely with them to ensure successful pursuit of the plans
Marketing Campaigns and Profile Raising
- Creating and implementing integrated campaigns across sectors to help raise their profile and awareness amongst their key target audience and generate opportunities to meet potential clients.
- Working to develop and oversee the implementation of an effective profile raising plan for the Firm, including Awards and Sponsorship opportunities
- Assisting colleagues to profile their personal PR plans
Internal communication and knowledge sharing
- Working to ensure that there is an efficient framework for internal reporting and transparency of information/communication the Firms activities and successes.
- Excellent interpersonal and (internal and external) client-facing skills
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Able to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Commercial and strategic in outlook
- Pragmatic, robust, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities
- A team player, but able to act autonomously with minimal guidance
Skills and Experience
- Excellent understanding of marketing and business development processes
- Strong previous experience of working in a business development/marketing focused role, preferably in a professional services firm
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail
- Strong project management skills.
- Marketing qualification, such as the CIM or equivalent
Pearson Whiffin Recruitment Ltd are a Recruitment Agency working on behalf of their client.
Please note due to high volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.