Senior SQL Server DBA, Ipswich to £50,000
My client, a growing utilities service and supply organisation is looking for a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator to join their IT team is supporting both internal and external client databases.
To be successful you should have the following experience:
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2008, 2012 and 2014).
- Experience supporting/leading Architecture/Development functions in optimal database design patterns and practices.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues in the Production environment following ITIL best practice.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server best practices for optimum performance, including disk, security and memory configuration.
- Strong knowledge of backups and recovery best practice. Ability to recommend improvements as necessary.
- SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC)
- Visual Studio BIDS & Database projects.
- Ability to mentor other members of the IT Department.
- Solid knowledge of relevant technology concepts (e.g. relational/noSQL databases, Relational normal forms, CAP Theorem)
- Must have a solid working knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts.
- Should have a good understanding of a variety of enterprise Data architecture patterns and principles e.g. ODS, Data Vault, Data Warehouse, Kimball/Inmon.
- Strong communication skills, including prioritizing, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Experience of MS SQL Server services such as SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- Experience of Data Quality Services (DQS) and Master Data Services (MDS).
- SQL Development - ability to write, troubleshoot and design SQL Code.
- Experience of High Availability solutions such as Database Mirroring, Replication, SQL Server Failover Clustering, Log Shipping and AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Exposure to BIML
- Windows Server tools (SSCM, PerfMon)