Compliance Assistant - £25K - Central London - Gaming and Betting
Our client is a privately owned online gaming company.
Their aim is to bring to market the best casino, bingo and slot products under one brand, truly focused on delivering an exceptional player experience.
This is a full-time graduate job paying up to £25,000 and based by Bond Street station.
The role in a nutshell:
Reporting to the Compliance Officer, you will develop an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements within the gambling and e-gaming industry, and will undertake a variety of tasks including: reviewing and understanding jurisdictional regulations, assist in the planning of activities to ensure compliance activities are delivered in a timely manner, creating of regulatory change and incident reports, reporting compliance requirements and updates to the different business departments, and on occasion liaise with senior management to provide guidance and support from a compliance function perspective.
- Developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of the relevant regulations that the business needs to adhere to.
- Liaising with the business to ensure that laws and regulations within each jurisdiction are complied with.
- Advising the business on gambling and marketing regulations, codes and standards for e-gaming, including advertising and marketing, player protection, AML and responsible gambling.
- Identifying any nonconformity within the business and escalating appropriately.
- Supporting the Compliance Officer to ensure that regulatory points/matters are considered throughout all projects lifecycle.
- Assisting in writing and implementing internal and external policies, to ensure full regulatory compliance of the business to the relevant regulations and codes of practice.
- Providing an administrative function to the Compliance team. This includes, but is not limited to; checking and approving marketing content, work tracking, mailbox and daily BAU tasks.
- Build and maintain relationships with the management and staff within the internal IT and other business functions.
Your ideal personality and qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- High proficiency in English.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Process oriented.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and good attention to detail.
- Proven experience with MS Office tools.